Skip to main content

Room Real Estate in Felton, CA has put together this guide to help their fellow community members who have been affected by the CZU Lightning Fires. We have done our best to make this as comprehensive and easy to follow as possible. This guide will be updated as more information is received. If you think there is something we should add that would help assist you and the community please email us at [email protected]

Official Evacuation Information

Current Evacuation Map

Cal Fire Updates

Damage Assessment Map

Red Cross

Traffic Advisories & Restrictions

Air Quality Information

Housing Assistance

Red Cross Shelters

County Shelters

Voucher Hotels

Craigslist Rentals

Zillow Rentals

Facebook Resources

Temporary Housing:

Long Term Housing:

Insurance/Financial Assistance

Call your Insurance Provider

File a Loss of Use claim immediately. Here is a list of insurance providers and phone numbers:

FEMA Disaster Assistance

Direct link to apply:

Facebook Resources

Food, Supplies & Services

Shelter Locations

All shelter locations will have food and basic supplies.

Food Banks

Santa Cruz County Human Services

Offers food assistance:

Direct link to CalFresh food benefits info:

Benefits hotline is 888-421-8080 (toll free). Residents impacted by the fire who are already enrolled in benefits programs may be eligible for replacement benefits.

Community Resources

Community members have also put together a Google spreadsheet where you can list your needs or look for others offering assistance:

Mail Service

Davenport Post Office (500 Highway 1) and Scotts Valley Post Office (241 King Village Rd.), should go to the main Santa Cruz, 850 Front St., Santa Cruz.

The post offices in Felton, Mt. Hermon, Ben Lomond, Boulder Creek, Brookdale should go to the Watsonville Post Office, 225 Main St., Watsonville.

Legal Assistance

Facebook Resources

Children’s Needs

Clothing & Supplies

Local Shelters

All shelter locations will have food and basic supplies.

Hope’s Closet in Santa Cruz has children’s clothes, shoes, books, toys and diapers. or call: 831-566-1731 or 831-818-0607

School Information

Santa Cruz County Office of Education – School Information

Homeschooling Grants:

Facebook Resources


Emergency Services

Call 831-471-1182 for any emergency animal services.

Limited evacuation services

Email Todd Stosuy at [email protected] or call 831-454-7303 ext 1.

Shelter Resources

Evacuees who can’t care for their animals during the crisis can drop them off at the Santa Cruz County Animal Shelter. Check their website or call for their location and hours of operation.

Cats By The Tracks animal rescue can also help with evacuees. They have plenty of room to temporarily house your animal in a loving, caring foster home! Email [email protected] for more info.

Facebook Resources

Small Pet aid:


Lost & Found Pets:

Physical & Mental Health

Temporary Clinic

The Santa Cruz County officials opened a temporary medical clinic for people who have been forced to evacuate due to wildfires burning in the region. The temporary medical clinic is at the Santa Cruz County Fairgrounds in Watsonville.

Effects of Smoke on Your Health

Local Mental Health Practitioners Offering Support

Helpful Mental Health Links

Children’s Mental Health Resources

Facebook Resources

Returning to Your Home

  1. Wait until the evacuation order has been lifted and you have been given the “all clear” to return home by your local authorities.
  1. Do a home safety check.

  1. If you haven’t already, contact your insurance provider and document loss for insurance claims.

  1. Begin the clean-up process.

  1. Begin the road to financial recovery.

  1. Take care of yourself and your family

General Guides and Helpful Tips:

In the Event of Fire Damage or Total Loss

  1. Notify your insurance provider.
  1. Notify your mortgage servicer.
  1. Stop/suspend utility services.
  1. Create a PO Box and/or submit a change of address with the USPS
  1. Closely follow the information posted by the County of Santa Cruz regarding rebuilding.

  1. Make personal property list to document any and all damaged/destroyed items.
  1. Replace lost documents
  • Driver’s License – Department of Motor Vehicles
  • Government Issued ID- Contact the issuing authority
  • Insurance Policies – Your insurance agent or company
  • Military Discharge Papers – Department of Veterans Affairs 800-827-1000
  • Passports- Visit State Department website
  • Birth, Death, Marriage and Certificates – Bureau of Records in the appropriate state
  • Social Security or Medicare Cards – Local Social Security office or 800-772-1213
  • Credit Cards – The issuing financial institution, as soon as possible
  • Titles to Deeds – Records department of the area in which the property is located
  • Stocks and Bonds – Issuing company or your broker
  • Wills – Your attorney
  • Income Tax Record – The IRS center where filed, your accountant or 1-800-829-1040
  • Citizenship Papers – Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services, 1-800-375-5283
  • Mortgage Papers – Lending Institution
  • Damaged paper currency –
  • U.S. savings bonds –

Other Helpful Links

Let’s Talk

You’ve got questions and we can’t wait to answer them.

We use cookies and tracking technology in connection with your activities on our website. By viewing and using our website, you consent to our use of cookies and tracking technology in accordance with our Privacy Policy.