With the summer season officially upon us and the state reopening in June, we thought that we would put together an epic Santa Cruz bucket list for the season! At ROOM Real Estate, we believe that there is truly something special about Santa Cruz in the summer months. With the warm breeze, salty air, and the smell of a summer cookout, it’s our favorite time of the year!
- Sail on the Pacific Ocean – One of our favorite ways to see our beautiful coastline is by boat! There are several options for sailing (in case you don’t own a boat.) Monterey Bay is a thriving area for ocean life. When you’re out sailing, keep your peeled for glimpses of jellyfish, sea otters, great white sharks, and if you’re lucky, you might even get to see a whale! For a list of sailboat charters, head on over to the Santa Cruz harbor.
- Roaring Camp Rail Roads – Take it slow and see the Redwoods by train! Roaring Camp Railroads offers various train rides, including one that winds through the mountains and showcases the area’s famous Redwood trees. If trees aren’t your thing, they also have a train that goes to the boardwalk.
- Ride bikes on West Cliff Dr – Soak up the sunshine and ocean mist on the three mile stretch of West Cliff Dr. Quintessential California vibes at its finest and extra fun when on a bike! If you’re from out of town and didn’t bring a bike, don’t fret! There are tons of bike rental shops in the area, such as Epicenter bicycles.
- Santa Cruz County Fair – Located at the Watsonville fairgrounds, this is what summer dreams are made of! The Santa Cruz County fair returns after a year’s hiatus. Five days of rides, carnival food, and a tractor parade.
- Capitola Twilight concerts – Pack yourself a picnic (or pick up something from Gayles) and grab your beach blanket or chairs and enjoy some live music with a beautiful backdrop, thanks to the Capitola Arts & Cultural Commission. With a wide variety of music scheduled throughout the series, there’s guaranteed to be something for everyone. The series goes from July 14th to September 1st.
- Rent a boat at Loch Lomond – This hidden oasis, nestled in between Lompico and Ben Lomond, offers several different types of boat rentals, including electric motorboats and aluminum rowboats. Pack some snacks and spend an afternoon rowing across the lake while you soak in the sights of the beautiful Redwood trees that surround the lake.
- Wednesday Night Sailboat Races – Grab your windbreaker and cruise down to Lighthouse Point or Twin Lakes beach for a front row seat to the weekly Wednesday night sailboat races. Starting in April and ending in October, the races, also known as the beer can races, are just for fun events with no clear winner.
- Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk – Would it even be summertime in Santa Cruz if you didn’t go to the Boardwalk at least once? Open seven days a week, the Boardwalk features amusement rides, including the historic wooden roller coaster, The Giant Dipper. The boardwalk also has a miniature golf course, laser tag, and a casino arcade for those that aren’t into roller coaster rides. In addition, food and beverage kiosks are sprinkled throughout the grounds in case you get hungry or thirsty.
- Live music at Abbott Square – Built in 2016, Abbott Square has quickly become a hotspot for dining and entertainment. Spend a weekend evening listening to free live music while sipping on a cocktail or noshing on a pizza. Abbott Square is a family friendly area and allows dogs on the plaza and sidewalk cafe.
Are you interested in learning more about Santa Cruz County and things to do there? If so, check out our previous post on some of the different neighborhoods in Santa Cruz. As the #1 selling team in Santa Cruz County, we love working here and sharing all that the area offers.
The Madani team and ROOM Real Estate have been helping home buyers and sellers in Santa Cruz County for almost two decades. Equipped with a large team of dedicated agents and staff, ROOM Real Estate works tirelessly to help its clients accomplish their real estate goals. We are here for you; and all of your real estate needs.