It’s that time of year again. Holiday gift-giving is in full swing, and your inbox is probably already flooded with offers for free shipping or promo codes. We decided to put together a list of 10 great gifts that you can get at one of our many unique, local shops! These shops are part of what makes this community so great, and we believe in supporting them. If you’re able to, we recommend shopping small this holiday season!
Gifts for her
- Trip to the spa – This time of year can be rough for some, so why not gift the lady in your life the chance to relax? Yoso Wellness offers a variety of services from massage, facials, nail, and more. If you’re not sure about what service to get we suggest picking up a gift certificate instead. The spa also has a second location just down the street where you can purchase skin care, make up, and supplements. (740 Front St Suite 110, Santa Cruz)
- Three Heart Stud Earring – Show her how much you love her with these one size fits most (must have pierced ears to fit) darling earrings from Stripe in downtown Santa Cruz. If jewelry isn’t her thing they also have a large selection of clothes, home goods, and shoes. (107 Walnut Ave, Santa Cruz)
- Ribbed Cuff Beanie – Help keep your favorite lady nice and warm with one of these cute beanies from Kickback in downtown Capitola. Available in several different colors. (201 Monterey Ave, Capitola)
Gifts for him
- The perfect hoodie – With the cold weather upon us, now is the perfect time to grab something to cozy up in for the dude in your life. The Jetty Stormfront hoodie, available at Midtown, might just be the perfect hoodie with zippered pockets for keeping things like your keys and wallet safe to wind resistant torso area whats not to love? Give yourself some extra time while shopping at Midtown and grab a coffee from their in-house coffee bar. (1126 Soquel Ave, Santa Cruz)
- Weekly Food Delivery – They say that the fastest way to a mans heart is through his stomach. If this is true, then a weekly fresh fish delivery from H & H Fresh Fish, is sure to bring a smile to your favorite guys face. Options include a once a week delivery at $12, or twice a week delivery at $24. With their boat to throat motto, there’s no doubt that they offer some of the freshest fish out of the Monterey bay. Delivery options available throught their website. (493 Lake Ave, Suite A Santa Cruz)
- Single Malt Whiskey – “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” – Mark Twain. We recommend giving a picture of this whiskey to your loved one so that you have an excuse to take them to visit the distillery in person and do a tasting before picking up a bottle of Whiskey. (200 High Road, Santa Cruz)
Gifts for little ones
- Boardwalk Season Pass – This season pass packs a punch! For $90.00 you can gift the little one in your life a years worth of unlimited rides and access to special member-only events at the Boardwalk. (Available for purchase online or in person at 400 Beach St. Santa Cruz.)
- Grimm’s Rainbow – Geared towards ages 3+ this toy encourages kids to stack (great for hand eye coordination) and use their imagination. Who wouldn’t want to drive their toy car through a rainbow tunnel? It also comes in two other sizes. Available at Childish Santa Cruz (1127 Soquel Ave.)
- Santa Cruz Board Room – For the little, or big, thrill seekers in your life head on over to the beloved Sant Cruz Boardroom! With over 2,000 skateboards in stock and all of the accessories to go with them, you’re bound to find something at your daredevils skill level. Not to mention they carry a variety of skater approved clothing brands and shoes. (825 41st Ave.)
Gifts for the host
- Papaya Tea Towels – These fun tea towels can be found at downtown favorite, Botanic and Lux. Don’t be surprised if you walk out of here purchasing something for yourself too! This charming shop seems to have it all, everything from fun hostess gifts like these tea towels, an amazing live plant selection, and more! (701A Front St, Santa Cruz)
- Wine – A bottle of wine may seem like the easy way out for a host(ess) gift but honestly who doesn’t love receiving wine? Luckily, we have an amazing bottle shop right in the heart of downtown Santa Cruz. Soif’s knowledgable staff can help you pick the perfect bottle to bring to any party. With a wide variety of different varietals and price points, they are sure to have something for everyone. (105 Walnut Ave, Santa Cruz)
- Cook book – Chances are high that the person who is hosting the event loves to cook (why else would they be hosting?) So, why not share with them one of your favorite cookbooks? Bookshop Santa Cruz has a great selection of new and used books. (1520 Pacific Ave, Santa Cruz)
We hope that you enjoyed this list of our favorite small businesses. Let us know what your favorites are in the comments below, or send them to us on social media!
The Madani team and ROOM Real Estate have been helping home buyers and sellers in Santa Cruz County for almost two decades. Equipped with a large team of dedicated agents and staff, ROOM Real Estate works tirelessly to help its clients accomplish their real estate goals. We are here for you; and all of your real estate-related needs.