10 Steps to Buying a Home During Coronavirus
How to buy a home during Coronavirus? Here are 10 steps on how to buy a home and never leave your couch!
- Contact one of the ROOM Real Estate Agents. They will help you get connected with a mortgage professional and will send you properties that fit your price range, general criteria and favorite areas.
- Tour properties virtually in our Facebook Live Open Houses, by 3D tour or video available on the property.
- View property disclosures and inspection reports online.
- Do a driveby of the property to see the neighborhood, location and lot layout.
- Learn about the details of the buying process, purchase agreement and contingencies during your Buyer Consultation with your agent either over the phone or via Zoom-meeting online.
- Make an offer! Review documents and sign offer electronically with Docusign.
- Do a walkthrough at the property with your agent either with facetime or in-person. In-person walkthrough will be coordinated with all parties to adhere with strict social distancing rules.
- Wire funds electronically for your initial deposit and downpayment.
- Signoff on your loan and title documents. This can be arranged with a mobile notary coming to your home or another location of your choice. Signoff will be done with strict social distancing rules.
- Get the keys delivered to you after the sale is recorded at the County electronically.
Stay healthy out there!